SP Power constructs and installs overhead and underground high voltage transmission lines, low voltage distribution networks and traction infrastructure for rail transport projects, including:
- Construction of new and duplicate rail lines
- Removal and replacement of existing lines
- Upgrading existing infrastructure
SP Power is fully resourced with qualified employees and its own plant and equipment which enables SP Power to offer 24 hour service during possessions and schedule work to minimise disruptions to ongoing train operations. This includes working around the clock and through bad weather to get work finished on time.
SP Power project managers and employees have Rail Infrastructure Safety Induction (RISI) cards and a thorough understanding of:
- Rail-specific safety requirements; and
- Risks and hazards associated with working beside live rail during possessions.